100% IHT relief is given for:
- Shares in an unlisted trading company, or a trading company listed on AIM (the Alternative Investment Market) or the over the counter market PLUS.
- The business of a sole trader or an interest in a partnership.
- Owner-occupied farms and tenanted farms where the lease started after 31 August 1995.
- Assets owned by an individual and used by a trading company under their control, or by a partnership in which the individual is a partner.
- Tenanted farmland where the lease started before 1 September 1995.